Friday, October 20, 2006

Keep up the good work, boys!

Apparently, the baby Jesus is quite proud of the work George and Rummy are doing in the Middle East.

What kind of backwards, bizarro country do we live in when I would be the one called crazy if I knock off a 7-11 and claim that the Easter Bunny told me to do it, but it's perfectly normal for the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff of the most powerful military on the planet to claim that the Messiah speaks to Donald Rumsfeld and tells him it's good to bomb Muslims?

This is my favorite little nugget,
"He leads in a way that the good Lord tells him is best for our country."

Oh, I see. So, let me make sure I have this right. God does in fact exist...and he's an idiot? That's what you're telling me here General Pace?


This dolt makes me feel more than a little embarrassed for our military brass. Look, I served my country for two tours (nearly eight years) back in the 90s. I spent several months helping to "liberate" the island of Haiti from General Cedras to place Aristide back in power...before we decided we didn't like him either. I have nothing but the utmost respect and admiration for our men and women in uniform who put it all out on the line each and every day...even when they shouldn't have to.

But this mess in Iraq has been nothing but a total cluster fuck since the word 'Go' and it's only getting worse. Call a civil war an 'insurgency' if you want, it's still a damned civil war.

How about instead of invoking the name of the almighty in an effort to support your president's lie of a war by tickling the fancy of the Bible thumping base, how about actually living up to that oath we all took upon signing up there, general?

Defending the Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic means not only standing up for those without a voice (or without legal representation under this regime)...it also means standing up to those who would seek to disgrace the very document with their actions.

And just for the record, general...what's the difference between you and those you seek to vanquish so 'justly'? Killing in the name of a god is okay, as long as it's your guy and not the brown folks'?

Riiiiiiiight.

your soul may belong to jesus, but your ass belongs to the corps!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home